Acid is a substance that can be found in many beverages and foods, like soda, wine, fruit juice, yogurt, honey, and pickles. But, little did you know that the acid is slowly but surely attacking your smile, wearing its tooth enamel. If you let the acid further harm your chompers, the following things may occur:
· Sensitivity: As your enamel wears away, your teeth become extremely sensitive to hot and cold temperatures. You may notice a twinge of pain in your teeth as you consume hot and cold products.
· Discoloration: Because the outer layer of the tooth is worn away, the underlying dentin is exposed. This dentin is a dull color, making your smile appear yellow.
· Rounded teeth: The acid can also wear down the corners and edges of your teeth, making them dull and rounded.
· Cracks: Acid can cause cracks, chips, and roughness at the edges of your teeth.
· Cupping: The acid may create dents on your smile. It may also make the dental fillings appear like they are falling out of your teeth.
If you notice any of these symptoms in your smile, please call Smiles Dental at 541.887.3305 and schedule an appointment with Dr. Dr. Clint Guttman and Dr. Marcus Peterson. Our dental team is here to help you improve your oral health as much as possible, and we will be more than happy to fix the consequences of oral acid. We look forward to helping you achieve a healthier and stronger smile!